Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Whack Upside The Head

So yes, I was a square peg in a round hole at my former job... no wait, I'm not a square, OK, I was a round peg in a square hole, the white sheep of the org chart, a fish out of water. You get the picture. But they paid me well, so I stuffed all of my personality, ambition, sense of humor, and intuition into a drawer, and soldiered on. For the record... bad idea. But for some reason it seemed like a good idea at the time. Money will do that to you.



It seems to me that creativity and being comfortable do not play well together. Above all, I am a creative person, and those important pieces of me that were languishing in a drawer needed to be let out. But for some reason, probably the money, I kept ignoring those needs, and kept trying to fit my shapshifting peg into their square hole, kept trying to change the color of my wool, learn to breath the corporate air.



But literally, as I left the building, I felt a little more like myself, and throughout the day, myself kept coming back in waves the more I realized I was free of that oppressive environment. I guess sometimes, it takes a shock to the system to get yourself back on track! So thank you United Underworld Megagrowth Negasoul Engineers, for the whack upside the head!

No comments: