Wednesday, April 25, 2012

So Much Water Movin' Underneath That Bridge...



Just like the lyric quoted in the title, from probably my favorite Crosby Stills and Nash song, I feel like I've let a lot of water run under the bridge... meaning, I haven't written a blog post in a long time, and a lot of interesting and blogable things have happened! I just haven't had the time or energy to sit down and write it!  

"Look around me
I can see my life before me
Running rings around the way it used to be


I am older now
I have more than what I wanted
But I wish that I had started long before I did"


For one, I have somehow been lucky enough to fall into THE PERFECT job for me.  Trouble with that is that I spend most of my day with my head in blog posts, social media, and web pages.  Hence, I'm a little burnt out on all that by the time I get home.

Secondly, I'm doing that Healthy Lifestyle thingy, and I'm starting to spend quite a bit of time at the gym. So, if I'm not burnt out on pecking away at the keys, my muscles are so tired I don't even want to think of raising my arms to the keyboard at night. 

Also, some of these things that have happened are kind of deep emotional things. The kind of things bloggers need blogs in lieu of therapy for!  I'll write about them, I actually need to... I'm just not ready right now.

I'm really not complaining.  I'm making excuses, rationalizing. 

"So much water moving underneath the bridge
Let the water come and carry us away"

Yeah, that's all well and good, but right now I'm tired and sore, and I'm thinking more along the lines of Calgon's bath oil ad....Let the water come and carry me away....

2 comments:

smalltownme said...

I'm singing along!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Somehow I missed seeing this last week. Been wondering how you are... and now I've got that song on repeat in my brain! :)