Thursday, July 19, 2012

And this time I REALLY mean it....

As you may know, I work in Digital Marketing, not only for my day job, but on the side, for former employers, political candidates, and budding consultants.  Being immersed as I am in websites for others, I really should keep up my own blog. I know this, and yet, I also know that because I don't keep it up, I have few readers (thanks Smalltown Me, Mrs. GKaren, and ChaCha) to disappoint.

I forget that I also have my blog linked to my Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and gawd knows how many other social sites out there, where people are likely to click on it - or, as happened yesterday, ask about it! (yeah Max, I'm talking about you!). 

I realized at that point, lazy blogging, is like lazy housekeeping.  You never know when someone is going to show up for a visit and there you are, in the Barcalounger in your fuzzy slippers and undies, watching Trading Spouses, amid mountains of laundry, and teetering stacks of dirty dishes.

Knowing someone new is visiting your blog causes you to look at it through new eyes. I took a tour, and realized that I had some housekeeping to do. So, starting today, I'm going to clean up, and update, and spruce up, and most importantly - KEEP UP, by posting regularly. 

I promise - ...and this time I REALLY mean it!

1 comment:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Thanks to you, I just looked up from the computer and gazed at the piles and stacks waiting to be attended to in my own house... and Mrs. G. is coming for a visit in a matter of days! YIKES!!
On the other hand, I first met her in her bathrobe and the last time I visited with her, she had a cold, so I think she'll be content to just chill in my semi-messy house. (My husband will be horrified, but I'd rather be relaxed and happy than stressed and overheated.)
Besides, I have 91 unread posts in my Google Reader...

So don't stress out on my account! I'm perfectly comfortable as long as you remember to occasionally throw us a line. :)