Thursday, May 12, 2011

Social Media

I have become a social media/PR/marketing whore maven!

I'm updating social network postings for my high school reunion, for our Garaguation venture, for the Symphony, for the giant healthcare conglomerate a local healthcare corporation, and for me.  I'm stealing plagiarizing learning a lot from the advertising agency hired by the healthcare corporation I work part time for, and its not as difficult or as hectic as it sounds, if you're organized about it.  It does take a fair amount of time, but I've found that most of my time is spent coming up with the ideas - kind of like blog posting. The cool thing is that if you make a schedule, and assign two or three themes or ideas that you can rotate, a lot of the work is already done.  Then you use something like Hootsuite to schedule the postings to appear on specified dates and voila!

OK, maybe I glossed over some of the more tedious parts... like the parts between the schedule and voila. Like coming up with the rotating themes, and oh yeah, wording the actual posts.  Alright, I admit it, I'm mired in collecting the seemingly effortless, lighthearted, brand statements, asking the thought-provoking yet innocuous questions that will inspire responses, hunting down links to newsworthy relevant topics, figuring out who to "Follow" and "Like" for greatest impact!

Thank goodness I have this blog, where there is no pressure and I can relax... now, what to write about tomorrow?  Arrrgh!

No comments: