Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Oversharing


I have begun to realize that I'm starting to forget some details in my life.  Not the big chunks mind you - the stuff like where I live, my kids names, or my husbands birthday are still, for the most part, locked safely in my cerebrum.  Its just those pesky little things I'm starting to get fuzzy on.  Like what color my arch rival's prom dress was the night she stole the boy I was hoping would be my boyfriend.  Or what the weather was like the day one of the hunky football players split his pants in front of the whole school, trying to vault a chainlink fence at lunch.  Or just how embarrassingly long my bangs were, and short my pants were in 7th grade.  Sometimes, I just wish I had a taken a picture at certain points in my life, not necessarily so I could share it, but so I could refer back to it.

Alas, today, no one can ever hope to forget, even if they want to, the epic- or not so epic moments in their lives.  Digital cameras are everywhere, and digital sharing sites make it nearly impossible for you, or anyone else you know, or even people you don't know to be intimately aware of ephemera that would normally have become fuzzy details in a year or two, or twenty.  

I find that I need a theme for regular blogging, and now, I think I've found it.  Oversharing.  For the next 30 days, I'm going to document my details.  Starting tomorrow, I am going to take a picture per day of what someone wore, or the sky, of something beautiful, of something unfortunate, even something I'm thankful for - considering the month and all.  

All for your entertainment.  Will you join me?  

1 comment:

smalltownme said...

I'm with you on this!

Oh, that trendy wardrobe from the 70s. The first pair of pants i got to wear to school in 1972. There is no picture of those beautiful black sunflower print bellbottoms anywhere. And my pink happy face hot pants...I still have a bit of that fabric left but again, no picture. Undocumented.

So let's document what's important to us now in this month.