Thursday, November 29, 2012

Either you've got it or you don't

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm following along a path I've laid out, writing about topics that interest me.  Today's topic is probably my favorite - Customer Service - and as the title suggests, I would argue that either you've got it, or you don't, there is no in between.

I got all excited to write something inspirational about customer service. I thought about it all day, hoping something would dawn on me.  I searched all kinds of terms, and I found all kinds of new customer experience "thought leaders" to follow on Twitter, but nothing ever surfaced that didn't seem to be preaching to me.

The best thing that I found is what I will share with you - a link to a website with 11 great (and short) customer service stories.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

smalltownme said...

In the got it side: we stayed at a small motel last summer en route to taking son to a camp for a week. He forgot a pillow. I asked the motel owner if I could buy a pillow since there was no time to find a store, and he gave me one free of charge. Nice!

On the don't got it is the Radisson where we just had Thankgiving dinner, who charged my card for the entire amount instead of the 1/3 I was supposed to pay, and who have yet to return my phone calls.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Those are wonderful stories!
Heidi, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience -- for Thanksgiving dinner, of all times!

Lala said...

See, you get it! I often wish there was some kind of online award we could give... like Yelp - but more customer servicey that was based solely on stories like that.

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I discovered your [url=http://www.frlongchamp-pascher.eu/sac-de-voyage-longchamp-pas-cher-c-6.html]Sac De Voyage Longchamp Pas Cher[/url] blog the use of msn. This is a very well written article. I??ll make sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your helpful info. Thanks for the post. Sac Longchamp Petite maroquinerie [url=http://www.frlongchamp-pascher.eu/bagages--c-11.html]Sac Longchamp Bagages[/url] , I??ll definitely comeback.