Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Write. Then write some more.

OK, I failed Na-No-Wri-Mo.

Not only failed it.  I didn't even make it past the 2nd day!  But, for some reason the crazy optimist in me kept the NaNo banner on my Facebook page up... as if I could somehow....

I still want to write.  I still want to tell stories.

When I read something someone else has written and think to myself  "I could do better than that." The fact is, they've already done better than me, because they've written, and I haven't.

And still, storytelling calls to me...

But, I need structure. If not structure, at least a map. Lately, I've been trying to follow a list I've made of the things that interest me. I'm trying to focus each day on one of those topics and blog about it.  Today's topic to focus on was blog/writing. I happened to open what I thought was a spam email,

And I found Storylane

"Storylane works like a blogging platform but is social from the ground up. Your content can be categorized by you and then discovered by our fast growing community. Storylane can breathe new life into the content you created for your old blog and hopefully connect you with people, places, and ideas that can add value and meaning to your life."

OK, add meaning to my life?  I'm not sure I buy that.  But, I was intrigued enough to sign up. And, like the marketing piece on their writing page says:

"If the blank page excites you like nothing else, if you always turn a word twice around before putting it down, if you've ever re-written something twenty times, this is the place for you."

What the heck - it's a start.

3 comments:

smalltownme said...

I'm following you there.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

"Failing" just means the challenge wasn't the right thing for you at that time.

Unknown said...

Oh girls you do my heart good!