Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Stuff



I have a neatly organized a few stacks a bunch of ominous, unruly piles of the dreaded "things I HAVE to do" on my desk. This is AFTER I'd been working on it a while. I also have a blog post to write. There is laundry to do as well.

So what do I spend my morning with?


I got a new phone that can do all of the things that my old phone only hinted and teased at being able to do. It opens up a whole new world of possibilities for me. Its just a phone, I know, but for the first time, I've had to read the instruction books (plural) that came with it.


If someone should actually call me, I'm afraid, in trying to answer it, I will feel like the Wizard of Oz, as his balloon lifts away from his adoring crowd taking him back to Kansas. As poor Dorothy cries for him to come back.... the poor man, overwhelmed by the technology, moans: "I can't, I don't know how it works!"

2 comments:

Gina said...

There's no place like home, there's no place like home!

I need a new phone too but I'm afraid to even walk into the store! I admire your bravery.

Hootin Anni said...

I soooooooo know what you mean about learning a new phone and how it operates. I've had my 'new one' for about a year now, and I'm still learning and also having to opt for getting the 'idiot sheet' out ever-so-often 'cause I forget what I'm supposed to do. rofl

Hope your weekend treated you well.