Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 30

My goals for September were:
1.  Get up every morning at 6 a.m.  19 out of 30 days.
2.  No Alcohol  30 out of 30 days!
3.  No Coffee  30 out of 30 days!
4.  Keep a Food Journal  6 out of 30 days.
5.  Update this blog every day 17 out of 30 days
6.  Do knee exercises  4 out of 30 days
7.  Walk every day for at least 20 minutes  15 out of 30 days
8.  Finish the days tasks before going to bed  17 out of 30 days
9.  Read a piece of good literature  I did read and finish The Great Gatsby

While I didn't really track these things here, I did (usually) put them in my daily planner.  That turned out to be a better way to track anyway.  I think if I'd have done a better job of tracking, I might now be able to look back and determine if there was any kind of pattern to where I accomplished, or blew off any of these things.

I think I will extend my goals to next month - with the exception of the coffee and alcohol thing.  That is just too much outside of normal society!  The one thing I'd like to add as a stated goal is losing 2 pounds per week.  I have noticed that cutting calories or intake is absolutely NOT enough to take off pounds.  You HAVE to add in the exercise part.  AND, this walking 20 minutes per day - for me anyway - is also absolutely NOT enough to take off pounds!  

Somehow actually doing strenuous exercise regularly is the hardest part for me.  It will prove to be even more of a challenge this month because I'm going to be very busy!  Rehearsal and set construction starts for the high school's fall musical "The Who's Tommy."  My son is Uncle Ernie, AND the student leader in charge of promotion. This means that my husband and I will be spending many of our evenings til 11 at the high school  painting, building and sewing. Plus, he is on the homecoming court, which means we have a parade and a dance to add into the mix. My daughter starts her new second job as an early morning barrista, which will throw off our morning routine established when she was peacefully sleeping til noon!  For my work there are two concerts this month, one Chamber, and one full Orchestra. The great part about my job is that we have to attend promotional socials and receptions leading up to the concerts - it's a good thing I'm easing up on my alcohol and coffee restrictions!  Also in the mix is a college visiting trip that my husband and son are going to take sometime in the middle of the month.  

Phew!  I'm tired already!  Is it too early for a martini?

No comments: