Friday, September 10, 2010

Where Do I Go From Here?

I get all excited when I read the subject of emails that say:  Five Ways To Feed Your Family Healthier Food!  or Five Ways To Live a Healthier Life!  or Five Ways To Cut Your Grocery Bill! ...  then I read it, and damn, if I'm not already doing most, if not all of their suggestions. Its rather disappointing.  If I'm already doing everything right, how can I improve?  Why should I improve?

I'm 10 days into this "grand" experiment and the biggest thing I've accomplished is to not drink coffee or alcohol, and to actually update this blog every day.  I will confess that I truly believed that the alcohol and coffee were the biggest offenders when it came to loosing weight and waking up without aches and stiff muscles.  Apparently I was wrong on both accounts.  Besides the 2 pounds that I lost in the first couple of days, my weight has stayed basically the same. And, for some reason I continue to wake up with a neck and headache which really does not motivate me to get on the treadmill at all.  I'll admit that my energy is up a little, and I don't fall over dead at 10 pm anymore.  I've been able to cook dinner, AND clean up the kitchen before bed, which is something new for me, but beyond that, life is basically the same. 

Maybe 10 days isn't enough time to make any difference.  Maybe I AM perfect, and like all those emails suggest, already do everything right.  NOT!

1 comment:

smalltownme said...

I've started trying to clean up the kitchen before bed, too...I used to say screw it and leave it all till morning but that was getting really depressing. Having it cleaned up helps my morning mood, especially since we have to get going earlier now.