Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm Learning, And Making Progress

I must say that while these posts have not been the best examples of my writing, or wit, I do appreciate the occasional person and regular visitors (I'm looking at you STM) who drops by to read.  It makes me feel humble, and accountable.

My husband and I started walking outside after dinner for about 20 minutes.  It's not the hour-long 3mph sprint on the treadmill I was aiming at, but it is a start.  By not succumbing to the relaxing glass or two of wine after dinner, I actually have time to make and eat dinner, do the dishes, take a walk, and spend some quality time with family (whichever ones happen to be home that is).   My stress level has dropped to practically nothing this week, because I (and the rest of the family) have been able to maintain a relatively clean house since doing a thorough "white tornado" this past weekend.  I have read a good piece of literature every night, and have not eaten anything after 7:30 p.m. I hate to admit it, but cutting out the alcohol really has had a dramatic effect on my days.

1 comment:

smalltownme said...

You're lucky I didn't take you off my Google reader during that long stretch when you weren't blogging.

I missed you, though.